Shh! Don't tell! A special holiday gift just for you!

I'm in the holiday spirit... I think the Erotic Holiday Countdown is helping with that. I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall at Coming In camp (Or do you think they would buy that I was the lone female employee?) or being one of Santa's Reindeer in Please, Santa, I Want More. Hell, I would love to be Karya in White Wolf. Since they all came from my twisted mind, that should tell you something.

I hope you are all enjoying the Erotic Holiday Countdown and as a gift to all you wonderful people visiting my blog, I am giving you my recipe for limoncello! It takes three weeks+ to come to full potency, so if you want it for NY Eve, Start now!

limoncello

Ingredients

Directions

1.     Remove yellow part (zest) of lemon peel and the green part (zest) of the lime either with a very sharp knife or sharp peeler. If any pith (white part) remains on the back of a strip of peel, scrape it off. - Believe me, you don't want the bitter pith in there.
2.     Place peels in a large jar with screw-top lid or sealed with clamps and cover with one bottle of vodka.
3.     Leave mixture to mellow for 2 weeks in a dark place.
4.     After mixture sets, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved. Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature (This is important for appearance sake. If you put it in warm, then your limoncello will be cloudy and who wants that?).
5.     Using a coffee filter or fine sieve, strain the vodka from the peels (toss the peels unless you want to suck on them -not admitting to anything) and mix the remaining liquid with the other bottle of vodka and the syrup. Put the liqueur in bottles, seal tightly (cork or screw-top lid) and let the drink settle and come to true flavor, in a dark place, for at least 10 days before using.
6.     For drinking straight, store the limoncello in the freezer.

Yes, it takes 24 days. So get crackin'! You won't be sorry, and even if you are, you will be too mellow to care;)

Enjoy and Happy Holidays, whichever holiday you celebrate!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,