Next Big Thing 2013




Welcome to the NEXT BIG THING Blog Hop.

What is a blog hop? Basically, it’s a way for readers to discover authors new to them. I hope you'll find new-to-you authors whose works you enjoy. On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of information on me and one of my books and links to five other authors you can explore!

My gratitude to fellow author, M.L. Ryan, for inviting me to participate in this event. You can click the following links to learn more about M.L. and her books.

M.L. Ryan’s Next Big Thing: http://coursodondimension.blogspot.com

Her Website: http://coursodondimension.com

Her books: http://coursodondimension.com

In this blog hop, my fellow authors and I, in our respective blogs, have answered ten questions about our current book or work-in-progress (giving you a sneak peek). We've also included some behind-the-scenes information about how and why we write what we write--the characters, inspirations, plotting and other choices we make. I hope you enjoy it!

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!

1: What is the working title of your book? The working title was simply Library Tale 4. Now the actual title is Through the Library Door.

2: Where did the idea come from for the book? I have a definite fascination with libraries as can be seen from my other library tales. But as for this specific one - it just kind of came together. I've always loved magic and paranormal aspects and it just came to me - what if a person could find their way into an erotic romance novel? I know a couple books where I would love to take the place of the heroine - and that idea took flight the moment my pen hit paper.

"Deep within the library there are secrets untold, hidden within the pages of the books it protects. Some say it is old magic, some say it is a curse, but they all say that once a generation, the door will open and the one who enters will live out the story in one of its novels."

18 yr old Landria expects to spend a dull summer at her aunt and uncle’s house. That is until she stumbles upon a dusty, unused library and finds her way into the pages of an erotic novel. Attacked within moments of entering the story, she is rescued by the hero, Lord Nicholas Waring, who intrigues her more than she wishes. Once she finds herself back home she cannot forget him. When he follows her into her world and they fall in love, will they be forced apart by the words already written or can they rewrite their story?

3: What genre does your book come under? Paranormal Erotic Romance. Yes, it doesn't fit neatly into a specified genre. It is an erotic romance, with BDSM elements, not to mention the paranormal aspect of being cast into another world.

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? This question always leaves me stumped when someone asks. My two main characters are Landria and Nicholas.



Dakota Fanning would make a good Landria.

As for Nicholas? A younger looking Colin Firth - when he was in Jane' Austen's Pride & Prejudice.

















5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Landria expected to have a dull summer; she did not expect to be transported into an erotic novel nor to meet the love of her life within its pages.

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency? Independent publisher - Dragon Realm Publishing.

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? - First draft? Five days. Editing? Several months.

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Oy. That is difficult as it covers several genres. I would have to say if you like Library Tales 1 & 2 or Twice as Nice: Anya's Tale, that you will like Through the Library Door.

9: Who or what inspired you to write this book? Libraries and books. I have a definite 'thing' for them. I even wrote a blog post about it.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? It contains a great story with two wonderful characters from completely different times. Plus, you can see and talk to dancing books! Or at least Landria does. How fun is that?

Below you will find authors who will be joining me virtually, via blog, next Wednesday. Please be sure to bookmark their sites, and add them to your calendars for updates on their upcoming books! Happy Writing and Reading!

Only 1 so far. Hopefully I will have more to add soon:)

1. Penelope Jones - http://thepenelopejones.wordpress.com/

Labels: , , , , , , ,