Challenge accepted

Okay, I'm doing it. Yep - the thing I said I would never do. I'm trying a fad diet. Well, it isn't actually a 'diet', but it is a vitamin that is supposed to help. Garcinia Cambogia (hereafter known as GC). Have you heard of it? I hadn't. Until seeing it featured on the Dr. Oz show... well, my mother sent me a link to it online and I saw it there.

I am not usually pulled toward diet fads or 'lose weight quick' ideas but something about this intrigued me and I will tell you why. First off, pure GC comes from a pumpkin-like vegetable, so it is a natural substance. People have been eating it for a long time. But the main thing that caught my interest is how it works.

I am not medical by any means - I grew up in a medical family but always blanked out when they got to talking about the body; I just did not want to know. This is how Dr. Oz and a nutritionist he had on explained it. Sugar goes into the body and should become energy, but the fact is we tend to ingest too much of the substance and instead of changing sugar into energy, our bodies turn it into fat and store it. What this vitamin does is help change the way that works. Instead of turning sugar into fat, it turns it into energy.

Thus doing two things - first, one of the many reasons for eating or overeating is the lack of energy. Well, if your body is creating more, that will help. Second, it has stopped creating massive fat cells and the fat cells that are there begin to diminish. I call that a win-win.

So, the instructions say to take 3 capsules a day with food. I took my first two nights ago. The  main thing I notice is that I am dry - my mouth is dry and I am craving water. Well, as much as I don't expect it to happen super fast (Even though Dr. Oz said it worked quickly), if it is already turning sugar to energy, that might be a side effect and I may need to up my water intake. Plus, I woke up at 8am on Wednesday (2 hours earlier than normal - yes, I stay up till 2am and wake up at 10am - I have a strange schedule) and I felt good and actually wanted to get out of bed and get going.

So, as I eat my GC mixed with applesauce (I cannot swallow the light capsules for anything), I will keep you appraised of how it is working. I don't know about you, but I get frustrated when I have been working out and watching what I eat for over a year and have lost barely 10 pounds. So, GC, I hope you work.

So... we shall see how it goes!
photo credit: Christi Nielsen via photopin cc

Labels: , , , , , ,