Introducing Dinah McLeod's Maggie Meets Her Match

I am thrilled to hand my blog today over to Dinah McLeod to share with us her newest book! Take it away, Dinah.

Hi all! Thianna, thank you so much for having me on your blog today!!

I am so happy to share with you all a little about my latest book, Maggie Meets Her Match. This book truly was a labor of love. For a while there, I didn’t know if I’d ever finish it because Maggie and Clay just kept speaking to me. I hope you will enjoy their story as much as I do!

Nineteen-year-old Maggie Swift is excitedly making wedding plans when her beau Joshua breaks her heart. Devastated and determined never to trust a man again, Maggie is convinced she’ll live out her life as an old maid… until ruggedly-handsome Clay Callahan comes riding into her life and sweeps her off her feet. She quickly discovers that though he is more than ready to take his strap to her bare bottom when she gets out of line, being Clay’s wife is pure heaven. Their love and passion grow by leaps and bounds, and soon Maggie is with child.

When tragedy strikes and it seems Maggie’s anguish will consume her entirely, try as she might to push him away, Clay proves that he is determined to do whatever is necessary to bring back his beautiful, sassy bride. Just as her heart begins to heal, however, a figure from her past suddenly reappears and reopens old wounds. Can Maggie put aside her fears and trust that with Clay at her side, they can weather any storm, or will the ghosts of her past rip apart their love?

Buy via Amazon

* * * * *

“I… I don’t know if I can have children, Clay.”

I pulled back in surprise. It hadn’t occurred to me that she might think herself incapable of bearing children. “Why’s that?”

“Because… you know I’m not… young.”

I could hear the effort it cost her to say it and felt myself getting annoyed. “Look at me, Maggie Swift Callahan.” She turned her head and peeked at me over her shoulder, but I was having none of it and reached out to turn her until she was completely facing me.

“Clay!” she protested, but I ignored her.

“I thought we’d done been over this. I want you to stop talking about yourself like that, y’hear? You don’t look a day over nineteen, and if I hear you imply otherwise, you’ll be reacquainted with my strap sooner than either of us would like.” The last words came out as a growl and I knew they’d hit their mark with the way Maggie’s eyes widened and her body tensed.

“I… I’m sorry. Just… I don’t want to be a disappointment to you.”

I felt chastened by her words. It hadn’t ever occurred to me that she’d be worried what I’d think. “Maggie.” I pulled her close, gentling my voice. “Honey, it’s you I want. And now that I have you, it’s hard for me to mind if you have ten babies or none at all.”

“I’d prefer something in the middle of that,” she replied, the smile coming back to her face slowly.

“Well, that bein’ the case, I feel it my duty to tell you that if you want little feet runnin’ around here, you’re gonna have to get used to me lookin’ at you.”

She blushed—such a lovely sight—and looked down. Only then did she seem to realize how close we were, and she must have caught sight of my cock, hard and straining toward her, because when she looked back up I could see the surprise on her face.

“Let’s dry off, hmm?”

“Good idea,” she replied, standing up so fast water splashed over the side.

“Wait right there and I’ll get your clothes.”

She nodded, hugging her dripping, naked body. When I came back with her drawers and her slip, she accepted them quickly and I bit back a chuckle. I didn’t want her to think I was makin’ fun, but lordy, she made it hard. Maybe I’d seen one too many soiled doves, because Maggie’s innocence both surprised and delighted me. I wasn’t in any rush to cure her of it—I enjoyed her blushes and her modesty.

As she was climbing out of the tub, I couldn’t resist reached out and cupping one of her bottom cheeks. The flesh felt hot in my hand, and I could feel it practically throbbing. When she winced, I released her, however reluctantly. “Let me get you some salve on, then you take yourself a nap. You look a bit peaked.”

“I… what about supper? And chores? I’m sure there must be something I need to do around here.”

“Not today there ain’t. Just do as your husband tells you, Maggie.” I smiled and leaned over to brush my lips with hers, pleasantly surprised when she met them and kissed me back.

“Now how can I argue with that?”

“I don’t know, but somethin’ tells me you’ll find a way, woman.”

* * * * *

Buy via Amazon

Labels: , , , , ,