The McVeerens await you #WIPItUp #highlander #timetravel #romance

It's another WipItUp Wednesday.

I'm continuing on with the highlander/time-travel novel I'm writing. This continues from my post last week.

*****

Beatrice looked amused. “Knowing you, you’ll probably remember one of them the most, the one you would sing day-in/day-out. But that is fine, Jasmine. For each song was of the same story, each song is meant to break the curse. And as that one stuck in your head, I fostered it.” Before she could continue, she began to cough and Jasmine finally spotted how sick she must have been toward the end. Her grandmother covered her mouth with a handkerchief and when she withdrew it, Jasmine cried out. There was blood.


“Ach,” Beatrice grunted. “Getting old sucks.”

Sputtering a laugh at the words, Jasmine shook her head. Leave it to her grandmother to bring in modern-day English while she was winding her granddaughter up with a tale.

“Jasmine,” she said, her voice a little more husky and her green eyes shadowed suddenly. It made her look much older. “For me. Promise me right now that you will undertake this journey. You must. You are my only female progeny so it falls to you. The McVeerens await you, child. Go to them. Cornelius will have your information. Take it. Read it. And then undertake the journey. Money has been set aside and the path will not be easy. But you will set my soul free if you do this. Promise me, Jasmine Lea. Promise me,” she begged. “Promise me that no matter what you read or how crazy you think I am that you will undertake this journey. For me.”

Tears pricked Jasmine’s eyes and she nodded even as her lips quivered. “Aye, Grandmother,” she whispered. “I will undertake your journey.”

A soft smile touched her grandmother’s face, easing some of the harsher lines around her eyes. “Aye, ye always were a good girl, Jasmine. Thank you. Now,” she said, coughing into her handkerchief again, “I must get to bed. The doctors said this would tire me too much. Bah! I’m already tired and this needed to be done. Follow the journey, Jasmine. I look forward to seeing and hearing about it after ye join me on the other side.” Beatrice sat up straight and waved to the camera’s right, lifting her voice. “Turn it off. I’ve said what I need to say.”

*****

WIP Title - Mystic Torch

WIP Blurb - For Jasmine MacLeary, coming home was not as joyous as it could have been. For she only came to England at the request of her grandmother's solicitor and only after hearing that her beloved grandmother was dead. She thought she was there to get things in order. Nothing prepared her for the quest her deceased relative sent her on.

Now go on and check out the other WIP It Up posts. You know you wanna! :)

Labels: , , , , ,